Friday 13 March 2015

The Shoot - Harriet

 Harriet's Dress

The arms of this garment are inspired by Maggots and the body is inspired by the way that an insects eye sees the world. 
Again we chose 4 photographs and I printed them for her. Due to the dress design having only black and white we decided to have 2 colour and 2 bw prints.






Because there are so little colours in these images I really started to get in depth when retouching. I played around with the curves to make something really eye catching and bold.



My first edit doesn't really work with the dress as the tones are inverted so I refined the image to create this:


I feel this edit is so bold it can't be ignored, it highlights the arms of the dress and shows how one arm is longer than the other. I feel that cutting the face in half from black and white makes the eye appear vivid and the viewer must state at her.



No comments:

Post a Comment