Monday 16 March 2015

Science Museum

Science museum
it was so cool to see original lithographs from 1827 and one from 1826 nipiece landscape and two portraits
only the landscape looks photographic
the others still look like graphic drawings

the valley of the shadow of death ... apparently shot in a frequently shelled ravine , it only echoes the poem by tennyson
I wish I had made it to this exhibition while writing my dissertation, as I wrote about The Valley of the Shadow of Death extensively, the fact it wasn't actually at the site, which I had thought, would have added another dimensional layer to my argument.

the British journal of photography noted that we fear much that Mr Fenton has... transferred his affections from the camera to the rifle ." As he joined 9th rifle volunteers
Early evidence of camera's and rifles sharing interests

Francis James mortimer - the spirit of the storm

dom mccullin - still life with a birds nest

No comments:

Post a Comment