Wednesday 11 March 2015

Fashion Research 3

Issey Miyake

Here is where things get fun and interesting and weird and colourful:

Perfectly looks like a frog! This must have been the inspiration, or a lizard on glass. The hands splay out to the sides and we can see the silhouette of the model through the jacket. The jacket is nicely symmetrical in the frame but has enough asymmetry to keep my eyes engaged.
The background is bright shining white.

This photograph has an explosion like effect. It would be great if the garment was all colourful and red and it was a colour photograph. The model looks fierce and this fits with the concept of the garment and photograph, the nudity highlights her fierce nature.
This dress reminds me of moth wings.


This looks so wacky and silly, it reminds me of a flower. It looks wacky because of the pose and the funky colours all stacked together. The pose is not stood straight at all and the knees and hips are bent with the arms outstretched. The colours are almost random and the whole thing looks impossible to walk in and to do anything in, the sleeves look too long. The model even has a looks of surprise and laughter in her face. This all comes together and for me it works, the more I look at this image the more I like it, however when I first saw it I was very unsure.



I am not sure why, but this picture reminds me of snails. Large exotic snails due to the different layers on the dress. Also similar to large intricate shells. The pose is interesting and helps to bring interest on the various angles at which the garment can be viewed.

The green in this image is something I find has a strength in its subtlety. The green of course is reminiscent of flies. The whole garment has something strange about it. The models pose really brings attention to the dark alternative style. The extremities of the garment remind me of fly wings

This picture on the left is great, the symmetry is wonderful. I like that the models head is turned to the right. Its like she is bursting through a barrier. The garment is light and her form shows through, combining the imagery of the protection of a shell and the delicateness of a wing.

No comments:

Post a Comment