Wednesday 18 March 2015

More on Paul Corcoran

Empty Promise





I think this series is great, it is sort of what I was originally trying to do in Vision and Knowledge project in 2nd year, but I couldn’t bring my idea to life, Here Paul Corcoran has shown simple pictures that represent areas where buildings have decayed and contextualized them with photographs of people reacting to the photographs.

An idea I have for this project on this area of “Ceasers Camp” or Beanconhill Copse is to photograph myself and my reactions to various landscapes within the area.


I found his work on an old account for national geographic when I googled his name. There were a few other works there but this one caught my eye. I like the off kilter framing of the land beneath the dark figure on the horse. Though the whole photograph is dark the dark statue is riding out of the darkness as a silhouette against the starry sky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment