Friday 13 March 2015

The Shoot - Emily

Emily's Dress

This dress is inspired by Sea Shells. I had to do quite a lot of retouching to hide some stitching. I also brought out the golden colour in her lips. The blue skirt is a drape that had been folded up for a long time and hadn't been ironed before the shoot, the drape had been told to be before hand so i could visualise what the final images might look like, but I did not think to bring a iron with me, so I had to spend a lot of time in post getting rid of the creases.


We spent several minutes making sure the drape looked perfect around her. I used a wind fan to really give the effect of being on a shoreline as it is windy near the sea.

In this photograph I wanted to reference the Sea and add some drama to the image. I asked if she could wave her arms around while I took exposures of 2 seconds. She felt it was quite silly and i got a lot of images where she is laughing. With the flash this created a beautiful soft image. I can imagine she is there on the shoreline at sunset. This dress and model made me think of a greek goddess..

I think the model looks so relaxed and glamourous in these images, I am proud of them. She was quite nervous at the start of the shoot and loosened up as we went on. Although she was nervous at the start, she was doing brilliantly the whole way through.
Emily, the designer, was set on using the studio, though I wish I could have persuaded her to shoot on a stair case or near the Sea. The problem with shooting near the sea is in January it would be really cold and we didn't have the budget to go and shoot in a warm location. I can see this dress in a glamourous high end setting such as a 5 star hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment