Monday 16 March 2015

Mundane Moments

I got my chance to shoot Large Format for myself. I bought some film online, it cost me £35 for 20 sheets of 4x5.
I shot pictures of just the things around me, the mess, some close friends, things that I do in my everyday life.

There are some self portraits, though that term is used loosely, as although I do appear in some pictures, I am nearly always a complete blur as I move through the image. I shot long exposures as the low ISO film, f64 and often dark conditions allow me to make a document of the time, often the amount of time that I spend doing each activity.

This is a reference to my work on Narrative in my second year of my degree:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edfm9wfE9l8

These shots are partially a test to work out about how I use the camera. I found the camera a bit too fiddly for me on some occasions, for example shooting in the dark and the cold, it was a pain to screw the shutter release cable in and use a light meter and loupe. The quality of the photos outweigh these negatives.
I did shoot these photographs with the idea of trying to form my final project.

I showed these photographs to my tutors and they suggested I need to find a structure for my photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment