Friday 13 March 2015

The Shoot - Anna

Anna's Top

This top was inspired by insect eggs. The main interest in the top is the vibrant orange bubbles. They are a fine mesh carefully put together to make a light bubbly texture.

These are my final 4 images from the shoot. With each designer I sat down and we chose the 4 best to print for their portfolio.
She wanted the orange to be extra saturated which personally I felt was too much but she convinced me it works for her project.



Here I over saturated the orange to make it almost hurt your eyes. I smoothed out her skin and added colour to her lips, I feel doing this brings life to her character and makes her stand out against less vibrant scenes. I like this image for the subtle colours on the grey of the top, it comes to life and has beautiful intricate colours of its own, rather than being a grey garment on which to have mesh insect eggs.


When retouching this image I smoothed out her skin using clone stamp, patch tool and also a 'soften skin' brush in Adobe Lightroom. I used various brushes to pull more colour out of her eyes and add some more colour to her lips. I tidied up her hair using the clone stamp tool.

I framed the feet precisely on the bottom of the frame to make the model be above the frame and reference that it is a photograph. I shot this picture with a Nikon d800 and 85mm lens. I used a 2 second exposure with flash to add some movement in the picture while retaining a lot of detail. I actually did a lot less retouching on this image as i wanted it to retain its pure quality.












No comments:

Post a Comment