Sunday 26 April 2015

The Cane Hill side project

While I was starting this Resolution project I toyed with the idea of presenting a further continuation of a series of photographs that I started in 2012. I have previously updated this project when I displayed images in my first year of uni as part of the "Environment" project we did. I was thinking I would show a continuing series of images about an area that has been slowly decaying over a number of years. The area is going to be developed in to a housing estate which adds another dimension to the decay there as it is slowly being broken apart by the humans in charge of its development, the human vandals and the natural weathering of being abandoned from its original purpose.
I took these images from my facebook page hence some of them have a watermark symbol is on them.
The series sits something like this:




















































































The main reason I thought maybe I can display this project for Resolution is because it has seriously started to become broke apart, and things that existed there a year ago or two years ago or three years ago are simply gone. I had already started to work on my theories and photographs surrounding the concept of time. Here are my recent images:


















































I do not want to use these as my final project as I think the project will only be done when the area becomes a residential area. It might take a few years, and it will be interesting to see the change from abandoned area to building site, to finished developed built area. This series almost fits with my idea about time and photography, but not really for the right reasons, it is about a glancing relationship between the area and the photographer, rather than between the camera and the photographer. I thought I would share this though as it is an option that I considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment