Saturday 25 April 2015

Initial 10x8s

















I used a 10x8 camera to create these photos. Again I used the paper, however a couple of these I shot on ultra gloss paper which didn't look as nice to me as semi-gloss paper. Also when developing the ultra gloss papers, using the little plastic clips I managed to put a scratch in the emulsion of one of the papers, even when I was being careful, just poking the paper into the developer, it picked up the scratch.
I feel these negative pieces of paper have such a beautiful natural quality that if I was to display these I would display them, as the negatives, directly on the wall behind glass, so they wouldn't get damaged and to draw the viewer in so they interact with them on a very intimate close level.
Again I focused on repetition as the project is the methodical relationship where I return to the camera to feed it paper and light. But also I let my imagination take me, and I shot several landscapes, these dark, mysterious, rich, textured 'dreamscapes', represent my feelings and emotions towards the passage of time: time moving ever forward, my worries over forging a career after uni, my consideration over the choice to study a Masters degree, my fears, my memories of choices made in the past, the rural wilderness I choose to escape to and my desire to float on down the river and into the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment