Sunday 26 April 2015

An edit of 10x8s







I retouched these files. I haven't tried to perfect any anomalies in the scanning, however I have brought detail out from the highlights, doing this revealed intense light ray developing marks.

These are starting to reflect a dystopian nightmare. It really has the feeling of the strains of everyday life, without directly showing anything directly mundane. These photographs stand in for my feelings surrounding the subjects discussed, while giving a tantalising glimpse, albeit nervous, uncertain view into a release -
"feelings and emotions towards the passage of time: time moving ever forward, my worries over forging a career after uni, my consideration over the choice to study a Masters degree, my fears, my memories of choices made in the past, the rural wilderness I choose to escape to and my desire to float on down the river and into the horizon."

Each viewer is invited to read these images their own way, as I will not present anything that puts the work in any boundaries that specifically defines what it is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment