Sunday 26 April 2015

Business Cards

my previous card:

front:

back:



my new design:

front:

back:

What I liked about my old card - it was different, I meant it to represent a piece of film, and then that image on film restored. I like the simplicity of the designs, I think business cards that are cluttered don't really work at all for displaying yourself. I liked that this sort of said what I do without any writing. I feel I should take it further though, I feel what I could do is set up a scene, and have my details written within the scene, then photograph it on medium format negatives, then process those negatives and cut them so they would be my cards. The pros of this are that it would be very memorable and inventive. It could look really interesting. The downside is that it would cost a lot of time and money to make many. I can get a 5 pack of 120 rolls of film for around 20£ but then I have to set up a scene photograph it 12 x 5 times, process all those rolls, then cut them up. Calculating the cost of this, for 60 'cards' the cost is not vastly more than 100 cards from vistaprint. however it is a lot more work, and I feel the point of a business card is to quickly easily and accessibly get across my information to people.

What I like about my new design - its all black and white with just a touch of colour to spark a moment of interest. It is super simple and tells people my details. It shows my current work so people can associate what they see in the exhibition with my details. The thing I dislike about it is that it is a whole lot less imaginative than my old card and the idea I had surrounding it that I could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment