Saturday 4 April 2015

How to develop (and push) film





I found this video one evening surfing the web. I think this is pretty damn cool to know wen I finish uni and no longer have free access to developing chemicals, I know that I can develop black and white film in my bathroom, just have to buy some chemicals and I can re-use them for a couple of months.

I may invest in an Epsom scanner as using them recently I have felt they are not too bad, obviously the hasselblad flextights are a bit sharper and the way to go, but I think the Epsom v700s that we have in the university are also pretty good, I have no real complaints from them at all and much more affordable than a flextight!

It was interesting to learn how to push film, I think this is incredible. I think now I know this I would feel confident to take a back up film camera to take to a gig and shoot some pictures. I have shot a fair few concerts in my time and I usually find myself shooting at around 3200 - 6400 iso, so knowing I could take an iso 400 film and push it is great. One day I might even feel confident to do a whole shoot in a dark location with just film knowing I can push it!

No comments:

Post a Comment