Thursday 9 April 2015

Making and Updating my Website

www.petethor.co.uk

For the last month I have been on an off working on my website, to try and get it how I want and to display current images:

I started by making some pages to sow some current retouching projects that will never form a full project, I can use this mini blog so that any viewers or potential employers can see work I am doing currently, they will know I am not doing nothing.


I added a work page so viewers can see my work. I tried to give each project its own online idiosyncrasy as each project is intended to be viewed different in a gallery.
This ^ is the home page for my Work section.

This page required me to learn some basic HTML. I wanted to have the images displayed side by side at different sizes like how they would be on a gallery wall. The way I found of doing this was creating a HTML table where I could add the images, which the viewer can scroll along, if they are clicked on they will open a 'full-size' image.

Here on this page I have two versions of each image. I have the image displayed with the corresponding word from my book. When the image is clicked on however, it links to a different file with just the picture to view. This is to replicate reading a book. I think I will re-organise this page to have the viewer able to read a pdf of the book, so they can really have an online experience or flicking through the book. Or I could create a virtual gallery where the image is clicked to bring up the next image.

For my current project "untitled Kairos" I created a main page for the project, then if the picture is clicked on it goes to the page "untitled Kairos #1" and clicking goes through the series. The reason I made separate pages is that each duo is intended to be viewed in a pair. I may display some a2 prints alongside this A0 picture so people still can see images from the rest of the series.

These updates have occured over a period of about 2 months as I have ideas for websites and figure out each html bit, as sometimes when I click update they table comes out wont or doesn't work websites are all a bit beyond my understanding so each page is a labour that has taken time to set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment