Saturday 25 April 2015

Idris Khan

Idris Khan is a British Photographic Artist. His work is the repeated overlaying of certain found material. I found his work while researching Michael Wesely.








These images are as awe inspiring as Michael Wesely. They have a similar ghostly aesthetic. However they seem more dense, the different technique renders a different reading of the images. His techniques is almost what I was going for when I was shooting my 'multiple exposures shot' which I blogged about two posts ago. Whereas his was digital, mine was purely chemical analogue. I must admit I saw his work after I started my multiple exposures side project. However his work has helped to alter my reading of my own work. His work shows some time in a different way: The time when the photographs were taken, the time between the photographs being taken and his work, the final reading of the work now.

No comments:

Post a Comment