Thursday 19 November 2015

MA Photography - Time - Tutorial/presentation with MA course

I presented my initial images on the 5x4 camera with the colour paper and explained how it wasn't quite working, and so I had started the diary journal and started shooting with a more portable camera.

They suggested many things for me to research:
Henri leFebure, Michel de Certeau - the everyday
Ben Highmore - boredom, non productive time
Sinkle, Eugienie - boredom and relationships to photography
Concepts in Modern Art, Reaction Press, Whitechapel, Steven Johnson, the everyday - on amazon
Sophie Calle - diary
Jim Goldberg, deutsche borse
Henry Fox Talbot, Lord Byrons handwriting.

We spoke about in the longterm, the same locations photographed over and over will create a sense of dejavu. To make things that are usually unrecorded a part of the world. To know the subject about which I'm doing. To find a way perhaps of bringing my other processes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment