Thursday 19 November 2015

MA Photography - Time - Tutorial with Joanna Lowry

I had my tutorial with Joanna Lowry the head of our MA course at Brighton. She read through my project proposals and thought the "Untitled Kairos C" was the strongest one and agreed that I should follow that one through. I am happy as this was the one I wanted to develop the most really, I guess I can still work on the others in the background.

She gave me many references to look at:
Proust - In Search of Lost Time
Craigie Horsfield
J. H. Engstrom

She asked me difficult questions: why would this be interesting/relevant for the viewer? How does the project capture the idea of lost time? What will you capture? What decides the scenes or the times that you capture?
I couldn't answer these right away, and to be honest I am not at all sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment