Thursday 19 November 2015

MA Photography - Time - Reflection on Tutorial


Looking back into my research about time in photography I think at least I know what decides the scenes I will capture.
"Kairos is the ancient Greek word meaning the right or opportune moment. He was the god of the fleeting moment, a favourable opportunity opposing the fate of man. Such a moment must be grasped, otherwise the moment is gone and cannot be recaptured."
"In the new testament Kairos means 'the appointed time in the purpose of God, the time when God acts. Seems to be an intermediate time, a moment an undefined measure" from wikipedia

With this research I can draw the conclusion that if I was to photograph for this project, all moments would be decided by me. It would be the times I want to grasp so they are not lost forever. I would simply photograph each moment that I wanted to, everything that needed to be captured. The context for the project must be decided by the project itself. The determined time that the length of the project is before it is handed in in January.

However after this tutorial I feel that my approach is not working, it does not make sense to use this difficult process to try and capture the lost time. There is no relevance. There is no relevance between the process and the concept.

I have decided to bring context and bring some sort of order and sequence to the project I will keep a diary of each time in a day when I am wasting time or time is being wasted around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment