Friday 4 April 2014

After these pictures were made I had in my mind for them as the book, I didn’t feel they would work as a video, I made it anyway to see perhaps if I could use them for the video piece but I don’t particularly like the result. The orientation of the pictures taken by my mobile phone camera lends itself to portrait orientated book shape. I like this idea as before doing this project I had never seen any Snapchat printed, I have seen lots online on webpages were people have screen-shotted silly ones but I thought it would be nice to make a book of my Snapchats. Doing this project at the start I thought to just make an individual book with my own pictures and leave it up to the viewer as to what the responses from the other person were. I then thought perhaps it would be nice to have one picture of mine on the first page and then the next page would be her reply to it. As there are two pages to each book it seemed it would fit well.

During tutorials it was suggested that I consider having two books one for my pictures and one for hers. I like this idea as you could read the books together or read them separately and it would keep my original idea of not knowing what the other person was saying, yet at the same time you had the option to read them as a conversation. This is useful as my conversations with this person are not linear, as sometimes one of us will send two or three pictures in a row before the other person replies. It can get difficult to read it with a simple flow, I really like the books to be like this it also references my ideas for my video piece where it is meant to be slightly difficult to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment