Friday 4 April 2014

I got the idea to tell the story backwards from watching the film Momento where some of the film is told forwards to give context as to what is happening, and most of it is told backwards leaving the viewer to work out what is going on. I want the viewer to think while watching this piece and to think why it is backwards and why I made up a fabricated story as if it was happening at the time, why am I talking to people via electronic devices rather than talking in person and what the feeling of the song was and what these little things mean overall.

As of this version of the video it is an unfinished video. I made this video while I was still learning to use Adobe Premiere Pro and I need to update how the text looks, for example it changes size halfway through and the fonts are horrible. I want to use just one easy to read font and have it as all white. I consider using italics for one person’s text and standard for the other. 
However I feel this wouldn’t read well, like having two different fonts. I consider changing the opacity of the font for one of the speakers so one would be clear white and one would be greyer, but I feel it might work with both texts the same, leading the viewer to think more about the narrative. A problem I am also having is the music. It is perfect in one sense that it really gets across the emotion of loneliness, but having lyrics in the song some people feel that there is too much to watch read and listen to. I try to find an instrumental version. I also look for different songs but this track works so well it is hard to find one as perfect. It also makes me wonder does having all the text the same mean it would be too much for the viewer to think about. Also having re-listened to the song over and over the lyrics fit well with the previous situation between the person involved in this project and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment