Friday 4 April 2014

I started this Narrative Project with the idea of a simple journey as a Narrative structure. Simple being a Joke as train travel on a Sunday is rarely simple. I thought to record my journey through the use of the mobile App “Snapchat” I use this app regularly to send and share funny pictures and random moments with my friends. I thought it might be interesting to have a conversation with someone via the App as you can add text and draw on the image you have taken before you send it. The app allows you to save your images before you click send, and I would do this in reply to each of the snaps I received. I focused the conversation on one person, although I sometimes have multiple conversations with lots of people, this app gave me a useful catalyst to converse with someone important. I chose this person carefully as I need someone reliable whom I can have a conversation with over a period of a few hours that would respond to my pictures. The person I chose I knew would respond as long as she saw the image, as there is a deep emotional connection between us. I have only just started to re-get to know her as we had not spoken for 3 years so this project became more about getting to know someone and conversing with them rather than just a simple linear narrative of a train journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment