Friday 4 April 2014

The idea for the comments on online presence and online conversation in modern times was influenced by during the course of this project I were sat in a room with some friends, all of whom where on their laptops and talking to each other via facebook on there rather than in person. 
It seemed insane to me and it was like a scene from a comedy show like IT crowd where they are all sat in a room talking on an online media website, come true. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3NmVLYR5pg Here is the clip from IT Crowd of Friendface.
I took pictures as no-one was talking to me and I didn’t want to have to talk to them on facebook when we were all right there, my go to fallback plan is always take pictures whatever situation I am in. When I took the pictures I did not mean for them to be flattering, in-fact I meant them pictures as I saw them, unflattering and capturing quick moments in time of people caught off-guard; sitting there drinking and insulting each other via online media did not seem like a good time. 
Looking at some of the people involved I can see they smile and appear happy when engaging with the laptop and the group activity of insulting each other in a conversation, but when they look to their phone or are in thought away from the activity they do not look like they are enjoying themselves, they look sad. 
The act of being socially involved and talking online were like a front for how they really felt. I made these shots after I had made my first ‘Snapchat Narrative’ and as feeling rather stuck on what I could be doing for a digital piece, before I made my 24hours video.


No comments:

Post a Comment