Friday 4 April 2014

Evaluation of Project

Over this project I have learnt so much. I learnt about book binding and how to do it. I found the thinkness of the needle really helps bind the book and having the holes punched to the size of the needle rather than to the size of the string makes it so much easier to thread. I learnt to tighten the string by pulling upwards and downwards, never across the book as it might pull it apart. and i learnt that i really enjoy making books even though i dont like stitching. The printing was so hard to get right and i made many mistakes but i know know what settings to use when printing. I am proud of the books i made.

I learnt so much about using Adobe Premiere Pro, just how to use the basic functions was hard for me and i finally started to get it and i feel i have made a decent video in it.

I have learnt about some artists who use text and different narrative structures from books and films and photography series. I t was really interesting seeing how the different mediums compare to each other and how they can have similar approaches and different approaches to show a story.

If i could go back and change things i would definitely do more research into snpachat and artists who use texts as i feel i could find much more, so i would change how i managed my time as i spent most of my time in this project progressing my ideas and learning new skills as opposed to analysing artists i had not previously heard about. and i think i would do more research into films as they seem like a great example of how narrative structures can be used.

Another thing i would change is my attendance of tutorials, I feel i could have gone to more and seen as many tutors as possible to get lots of feedback but i didnt. Unfortunately some things in my personal life to do with this project got in the way and i was unable to make it to a couple of tutorials and this had a negative effect on my work and it took a bit of time to get back into the swing of things

I have immensely enjoyed this project for the most part, especially how busy it is and how many new skills i have had to learn and re-getting to know my friend was also amazing. on the downside as of course with any project there were downsides when things went wrong and it got stressful to do certain things.

I would like to continue this project and see where it takes me, so i could make lots of books showing a full progression of getting to know someone over a period of years, it would be so interesting to photograph our social interactions over a period of years. Perhaps also i can make different books of different people that i interact with.

No comments:

Post a Comment